Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Pointillist way.

This week's assignment I'll say was a bit difficult. Difficult in the sense of being so tedious. I had the choice of either writing about my self portrait or my pointillist painting I created (the difficult one). The self portrait took me 10-15 minutes tops, but the pointillist was the hardest. The steps I took on completing the painting was:
1. I took a picture of my boyfriend's living room. (I did my assignment there)
2. I researched online about everything that had to with that particular style.
3. Drew the living room and got started.  
My problem was painting dot after dot which took FOREVER with my medium paint brush. But after everything was done, I loved the way it came out. My first pointillist which I'm proud of, my next one will be much better though. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment