Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fitting Room art.

            Yesterday in painting class we were given an assignment. My paint professor gave the class individual pictures drawn by other art students in a different class on their view of New York. We were told to either finish the artwork or paint our interpretation including the "New York" theme. My assigned portrait (viewed at the bottom) looked like a fitting room which included clothes & hangers & the fact that it stated it was a fitting room :) I found mine to be extremely easy (thank God) because New York is known for the fabulous stores. So I painted a fitting room in a Christian Dior store. It's not an actually Dior fitting room, of course but  a girl can dream. I also put into my painting a modern looking dress with the same color red strips, and I based my painting of the store under construction due to the Sept 11 tragedy. With the cracked walls, the "Dior NY" sign on the floor and ceiling water stains. 




(My lovely portrait)

No comments:

Post a Comment